30 June 2008

Triopetra Yoga Resort - Crete

Hey People

Just had to write a few lines to let you know what I am up to at the moment.

I have been wanting to get away alone for a break for quite some time now and I finally managed it on Saturday. I flew (albeit with a 4 hour flight delay from Munich Airport) to Crete - yahoo !! Mike said if I don't organise it I wont get there and it works well as Kindergarten is still open for one more week.

I am now at the Triopetra Yoga Resort on the south side of Crete. Fantastic place and the view is amazing up on the hill overlooking the ocean ! Mental note: never come here on holiday again though for the beach as this place has the most wind I have ever experienced. For a Yoga break it is fantastic and come again any time. However, the wind is that strong it almost knocks you off your feet and all day long. It does not let up one bit. Howls around the house all night too .....

The resort itself is small and very relaxed and family-like. They can take 25 people or so and I love my single room - big and roomy and much better than sharing. They have a small swimming pool and a cool shaded relax area with hammocks, chairs and couches outside overlooking the sea.

The food is amazing. Macrobiotic cooking - seriously healthy and vegetarian. Breakfast you can help yourself with the famous greek yoghurt, honey and muesli, lunch is cooked for you and dinner too. We have an hour and a half yoga in the morning which I am really enjoying and then meditation in the evening - so very relaxed and nice. Perfect to unwind and chill out.

It has been HOT and the wind is like a hairdryer on full blast and top heat range - but hey. Yesterday we went to the beach and got blown about in general but the water was great. Had to swim around some rocks to get to it and that was fun.

Watched Germany lose to Spain - fantastic ! Viva Espania !! Saw it in a nice little Greek Taverna with a few of the other people on the course. Most of them are from New York, a Mum and her two kids from Sweden, England and Switzerland and then of course Austria !!

Have a serious massage booked for tomorrow afternoon so really looking forward to that.

Wow that was lucky - almost thought I had lost this one ..

Ok people that's all for now as I think this laptop and connection here is a bit dodgy.

Love and kisses - me - relaxed and yogaed out !!! xxxxooo

No comments: